DATE: February 23, 2021
POSITION TITLE: Superintendent
261-day employment term
SCHOOL/DEPARTMENT: County Office
DUTIES: As outlined in Wetzel County Superintendent, attached
- QUALIFICATIONS: All applicants must possess one of the follow:
(a) Currently or previously employed as Superintendent of Schools;
(b) Hold a West Virginia Professional Administrative Certificate endorsed for Superintendent or be eligible for a first-class permit endorsed for Superintendent;
(c) Possess an earned doctorate from an accredited institution of higher education and either have completed three successful years of teaching in public education or have the equivalent of three years in management or supervision as defined by the West Virginia Board of Education (in which case, upon employment, they shall be granted a permanent administrative certificate and be a certified Superintendent); or,
(d) Have been employed by a West Virginia County Board of Education as Assistant Superintendent or educational administrator prior to June 27, 1988.
The above-stated qualifications are minimum qualifications. Consideration shall be afforded to applicants who possess qualifications that meet and exceed the minimum qualifications and requirements for the position. Applicants should not submit these certifications with their letter of interest.
- RESIDENCY: The applicant who is awarded the position must, during his or her tenure as Superintendent, as required by State Code, satisfy the residency requirement for County Superintendent, which requires that he or she be a resident of Wetzel County or a contiguous county in West Virginia.
- DUTIES: As established by West Virginia Code § 18-4-1 and 18-4-11.
- TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: A written contract for a period of one to four years shall be issued in accordance with West Virginia Code § 18-4-1, et. seq. The appointment/contract will be issued between January 1, 2021 and June 1, 2021, for a term to begin on July 1, 2021.
- SALARY: Negotiable, commensurate upon qualifications and experience.
- BENEFITS: The Wetzel County Board of Education makes available to all qualifying employees certain benefits. The Superintendent may participate and receive these benefits upon the same terms and conditions that apply to other employees. Provision of other benefits are subject to favorable negotiations with the Wetzel County Board of Education.
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit a letter of interest in the position and resume to:
Wetzel County Superintendent Search
c/o Brian Price, Board President
Wetzel County Board of Education
333 Foundry Street
New Martinsville, WV 26155
Please do not forward any letters of recommendation unless or until requested by the Wetzel County Board of Education as part of its search process.
- CONTACTING OF MEMBERS: As requested by the Board, please refrain from contacting Wetzel County Board of Education Members in context of the selection process.
- DISCLOSURE OF APPLICANT’S NAMES: The Board reserves the right to disclose the identities of the applicants for this position in the context of the selection procedure, including the listing of any and all applicants selected for interview by the Board for the position of county superintendent. Such disclosure may, for example, result from public interviews, other public forums where public input and comment may be solicited, or in response to requests made under the West Virginia Freedom of Information Act.
- POSTED: February 23, 2021
- DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Deadline for receipt of letter of interest and resume in position must be postmarked no later than March 8, 2021 at 4:00 PM.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING WETZEL COUNTY SCHOOLS:
Visit www.wetzelcountyschools.com .
POSTING NUMBER: 2021-011
NOTE: To be used by citizens, students or employers
NOTICE: Under the West Virginia Freedom of Information Act, it may be necessary to disclose the identities of applicants for positions with Wetzel County Schools upon request. If Wetzel County Schools receive such a request, documents that reflect the identity and qualifications of applicants will be disclosed.
DISCRIMINATION PROHIBITED: As required by federal laws & regulations, the Wetzel County Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, handicapping conditions, or national origin in employment or in its educational program and activities. Inquiries may be referred to Todd E. Barcus, Title IX Coordinator, Wetzel County Schools, 333 Foundry St., New Martinsville, WV 26155; Phone: 455-2441; to Deborah Novotny, Section 504 Coordinator, Wetzel County Schools, 333 Foundry St., New Martinsville, WV 26155; Phone: 455-2441; or to the Department of Education’s Director of the Office of Civil Rights.
POSTING #2020-297 ENGLISH TEACHER - Magnolia High School. Date Posted: December 7, 2020. Deadline for Bids: 4:00 PM on March 31, 2021 or until position is filled. Effective Date: ASAP
BIDS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ALL POSITIONS