Posted by Ted Sumner on 11/17/2020
This week we are going to look at gratitude or ways of being grateful for what we have. It is easy to focus on what we cannot do because of the pandemic, but what about what we can do. Many have had plans cancelled or postponed including sports and Thanksgiving vacations. Let’s switch our focus to what or who we can appreciate. There are many things you can do to feel grateful or show gratitude towards others. You can go on a Gratitude Scavenger Hunt, help around the house, provide snacks for essential workers or even just say “Thank you” when you get take-out.
Watch the included YouTube video and think about how you will show gratitude.
- Find something you enjoy looking at.
- Find something that is useful for you.
- Find something that is your favorite color.
- Find something you know someone else will enjoy.
- Find something that makes you happy.
- Find something that tastes good.
- Find something that smells amazing.
- Discover something new.
- Find something that makes you feel safe.
- Find something that makes a beautiful sound.
- Find someone you are grateful for.
- Find something that is unique to you.
- Find something that makes you laugh.
- Find something in the night that you enjoy.
- Find something in the morning that you enjoy.
- Find a friend/pet that you love spending time with.
- Find your favorite place to spend alone time.
- Find something that reminds you of the people you love.
- Find something that you enjoy doing outside with friends.
- Find a place that you love.